Hello everyone!
I'm Rachel, one of the module tutors for SLE102 Using the Internet for Learning and I plan to post to this blog at least once a week while the module is running. I hope you will follow my postings and join in by commenting when you want to disagree with me or if you simply have something to say.
Why? This blog is an example of the way in which Web 2.0 tools* can be used to support learning. I will be sharing my opinions, posting links to relevant articles, and perhaps prompting you to think a bit more about the topics we cover on the module.
To start us off, here's an article Darren pointed out to me about the value we place on Web 2.0 tools*. Would you be willing to pay for the digital services you use? If Facebook started charging a monthly subscription fee would you still use it? How about Spotify? Are you happy to listen to the adverts or do you pay to avoid hearing them? I look forward to reading your comments.
*if you're not sure what I mean by Web 2.0 tools the course materials, particularly in Week 3, should point you in the right direction.